I am wrapping-up initial development of a hostdesk software for Aastra phones and 3CX. (but I plan to extend to other XML capable phones, SNOM is next on my list). But anyway, the app is pretty slick. I based the beginnings on the aastra xml scripts that do a limited hotdesk function in conjunction with asterisk. But then I added quite a bit of capability as well as added a web management interface and obviously integrated with 3CX for authentication purposes and other features.
Essentially, the app works as follows...
- Phone boots and requests aastra.cfg from tftp server
- aastra.cfg specifies a startup XML app
- Phone launches XML hotdesk program and performs authentication ,etc
- XML app imports extension specific parameters from ini file
- Extension is marked as active in the active extensions file
- XML app then dynamically writes the
.cfg file including special parameters
- Phone is told to reboot and then fetches
.cfg as usual
- Voila! You have a working extension with your special attributes (blfs, etc)
- User can now "log out" and extension is "released"
I've also included a basic web management interface that allows administrators to see which extensions are in use as well as forcibly reliease extensions after abnormal phone reboots etc.
There is definitely much more I will add in future updates, but hey, it works and it's free!
I will be posting the installation instructions in the next few days.